Click on the question below to see the answer.
How Can You Help Me with a Yoga Alliance RYS?
Who is qualified to teach a yoga teacher training with a Yoga Alliance RYS?
An RYS may have up to 5 Lead Trainers in a Yoga Alliance 200 Hour Registered Yoga School. A Lead Trainer must hold these minimum designations with Yoga Alliance:
- E-RYT 500
- or E-RYT 200 (must upgrade to E-RYT 500 by Dec. 31, 2023)
- 150 hours of the 200 hour training taught by Lead Trainer(s)
- The remaining 50 hours may be taught by someone with appropriate knowledge of the topic they are teaching,
- school must provide names and bios for all trainers with the application.
Can I own an RYS if I am not a Yoga Teacher?
Yes. Many RYS’s are owned by yoga studios, colleges, schools, or fitness centres. You do not need to be a yoga teacher to own the School, however, you need to have a qualified Lead Trainer to teach a Yoga Alliance registered program. Get more info here.
Does this 200 Hour Training meet the Elevated RYS 200 Standards with Yoga Alliance?
Yes, this program meets all the elevated RYS 200 standards with Yoga Alliance.
Is your program allowed with Yoga Alliance?
Yes. We have an account manager at Yoga Alliance who oversees our companion schools and approves the schools. We have helped approximately 20 schools start their training with a Yoga Alliance Registered Yoga School!
How can you guarantee an approved RYS with Yoga Alliance?
We can guarantee a RYS with Yoga Alliance under these conditions:
- you have a teacher/teachers who qualify as Lead Trainer with Yoga Alliance who teach the program,
- the trainer(s) use the Trainer Lesson Plans and manuals that have already been approved with Yoga Alliance.
We do not create customized programs for schools, because if we did, the application would have to be reviewed by Yoga Alliance each time.
However our manuals include worksheets for students to write down what their trainers convey in the training, so in that way the manuals become customized.
Our foundational 200 Hour Hatha Yoga Teacher Training meets all the core competencies required by Yoga Alliance and will be approved by our account rep at Yoga Alliance.
We can guarantee approval for Schools who utilize the ready-to-teach training to share their experience and train new teachers.
How Does the Yoga School/Yoga Trainer Fast Track Work?
Do I use your school name for my Yoga School/RYS?
You choose your our school name for your Registered Yoga School with Yoga Alliance and are the RYS owner. Your school will be reviewed by your graduates independently. Your school is not connected to other schools using the program.
Can I change the manuals? Can I put my name on the manuals? Can I say I wrote the manuals?
The manuals cannot be changed because changing them would mean changing the Yoga Alliance application and curriculum (which references the manuals). By teaching the manuals and curriculum as provided your application can be fast-tracked by our Yoga Alliance account manager.
If you are printing the manuals, you can change the cover to a cover you design. However, the PDF version of the manual has a cover with “Ambassador Yoga.” The copyright for the manual also remains with Ambassador Yoga.
The manual is 700 pages because it includes all the information for the 200 Hour Hatha Yoga Training AND includes worksheets where your students can write down the insights you share in the training. So even though you did not write the manual your students will still capture what you share in the manual.
Most trainers simply tell their students that they license a 5 Star rated teacher training that is registered with Yoga Alliance.
If you would like to write your own manuals we offer some tips for this on our YouTube Channel.
What do I get with the Yoga Trainer Fast Track?
You get a 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training that is ready to teach. The program includes:
- 200 HR Yoga Teacher Training program and curriculum that covers all the enhanced core competencies with Yoga Alliance,
- 700 Page manual for you and your students to use in the training,
- We act as Syllabus Manager for your school and work with our Yoga Alliance Account Manager to guarantee your school is approved,
- We provide resources to list the training on your website.
Bonuses with the Elevated Standards:
- 200 Hour Training Ready to Deliver
- 160 Hours of Trainer Lesson Plans that a qualified Lead Trainer/Trainers teach to students,
- 40 Hours of Prerecorded training taught by Claire, Parampreet, and Aruna (see our bios here) for your students to complete at their own pace,
- Online course for students to access manuals and prerecorded training,
- All Training Meets the Elevated Standards for Yoga Alliance.
What is NOT included in the program?
You are responsible for:
- all fees paid to Yoga Alliance for your RYS and your Teacher registration
- advertising, promoting, and marketing for your training,
- registering students in your training, collecting payments from your students and communicating with your students,
- insurance for your training,
- any fees for trainers you hire, room rentals, or supplies you incur for your training.
The Yoga School/ Yoga Trainer Fast Track works best for teachers or schools that already have students who are interested in taking yoga teacher training.
This program offers you a 200 Hour Hatha Yoga Teacher Training program to teach to students by a qualified lead trainer, and we act as syllabus manager for your RYS on Yoga Alliance, everything else related to the training is your responsibility.
How much does it cost to use the program to have a RYS/yoga school?
The short answer is:
- Intake Investment: $6000 USD (or 4 x $1500 USD installments at the beginning of each module)
- License fee of 10% of each student’s registration:
- includes 40 Hours of recorded training for your students to complete at their own pace
- and PDF’s of manuals for your students
- You pay all your school fees directly to Yoga Alliance.
For qualified candidates, with your first installment we will begin your Yoga Alliance RYS application. You can get the full pricing and program details here.
How much do I charge my students? What about the training schedule?
As the school owner, you choose the rate to charge your students based on what is appropriate for your market. However, you cannot give away the training for free and any work exchanges will require a license fee.
You also set the training schedule and handle all registration and communications with your students.
What is Your Philosophy Behind the Program?
Why would I use this program instead of writing my own?
Most of the trainers who use this program do so because they don’t have the time or inclination to write their own manuals and curriculum.
It’s like the way a qualified school teacher can teach calculus without writing the textbook. We believe that the ability to train new teachers is a different skill set than the ability to write a manual and curriculum.
It can take years to plan and write a yoga teacher training. Many teachers are qualified to be a trainer, have thought of being a trainer for a long time, but don’t have the program to teach. They have seen their students go to others for Yoga Teacher Training and have lost money by not offering training.
For the price of the program, in 6 – 8 weeks, we can put experienced yoga teachers in the seat of the trainer with a Yoga Alliance RYS. They can put their qualifications to good use.
We solve a big problem for those who are qualified to use the program with the potential for new revenue.
Why did you create the program? What are your philosophy and values?
Yoga may look like rainbows and sunshine from the outside, but anyone who has worked as a yoga teacher has likely seen its shadow. Good teachers help so many people through yoga, but struggle to make a living, sometimes without savings, or health care coverage, or job security, or support.
We have also seen and experienced situations where teachers had to earn their way into an inner circle or conform in a cult-like environment to advance to trainer status.
Or there are teachers who work independently with no support to start a training.
As yoga teachers ourselves, we wished we didn’t have to face these obstacles.
Our philosophy is that there is no shame in getting help. We value the service that yoga teachers provide. We share our 5 Star program which gives qualified yoga teachers the opportunity to offer a powerful training that honours the roots of yoga, without having to deal with all those obstacles.
Admin and Refund Policy
What is the Refund Policy for the Yoga Trainer Fast Track Program
Please be sure when you sign up, because there are no refunds for the Yoga Trainer Fast Track program. This is because once you are in the program you will have everything you need to offer the 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training. We are happy to meet with you as many times as you need to make sure this program is the right fit for you before you sign up.
A student has withdrawn from my training, what is the refund policy for the license fee?
There are no refunds for the license fees. Each trainer can set their own refund policy for their students as they see fit, however we recommend that trainers factor in the license fee they pay to Ambassador Yoga into their refund policy. We recommend Trainers pay the license fee only when students have actually paid their registration for the training.
How do I give my students access to the training?
Trainers can order codes for their students to access the manuals and 40 Hours of prerecorded training here:
Trainers can see all the information they need for their students including email templates to send your students to the training in the Yoga Trainer Fast Track resources here.