We’ve all been there. You’re working on a project, perhaps something like a Yoga Teacher Training Manual, that you think will take a few months to finish, and before you know it the project is dragging on for over a year with no end in sight.
That was our story of when we started writing the manuals for the 200-hour yoga teacher training (YTT). Want to know how we write our manuals? We shared that in our YouTube video “How to Plan a Yoga Alliance Curriculum” which we are happy to share with you now.
How did we start writing our best Yoga Manuals?
Writing Yoga Teacher Training Manuals was not a piece of cake for us. In fact, the first version of the manual took us over two years to complete! This is how we wrote the manuals:
- We started by outlining the Yoga Teacher Training on flip chart paper, color coding the competencies and topics with Post-it Notes.
- Then we looked at how we would deliver the topics, and started to create lesson plans.
- Then we divided the topics between us to research and write the manual text and training worksheets.
- We regularly met to troubleshoot and make decisions of what to include and what not to include.
- We kept adjusting the topics and moving our post-it notes around on the walls, tables, and even the floor until we found the perfect design for the training.
It came to the point that the living room looked like the scene from the movie A Beautiful Mind when the wife in the movie walks into her husband’s office and realizes he had gone over the edge.
Writing those manuals had a price, in time, lost income, mental energy, not to mention the physical stress of being at the computer.
Oh, how we wished the manuals were just done already!
Those days were not easy for us, but it can be much easier for you if you will let us help you.
Start a Yoga School without Years Developing the Training
Do you know what our true desire is? It is to TEACH the training, not write it. If this is what you want, here’s what we can provide.
We prepared a FREE course for you to take a look at how easy it can be start your Yoga Teacher Training using the Ambassador Yoga Trainer Fast Track.
Click the button below for a one step closer to your dream.
You can preview the manual in Part 2.
At the end of the free course, there is a link to schedule a call with us and we can see if this program is a good fit for you as an experienced yoga teacher.
Go ahead and check it out. Your beautiful mind will thank you!
If you have thought about offering teacher training but haven’t had the time to do it yourself, give yourself the gift of support. Check out the information here.
If you’re already registered, use the link at the end of the course to book an Application Meeting so we can talk more.
Read here on how you can become a Yoga Lead Trainer Fast.